Ceviche is probably Peru’s most famous recipe, which is both delicious and refreshing. We have brought it over to Galicia and prepared it with our tasty cockles from Galician estuaries by Real Conservera. Do you want to know how to make it? We will tell you all that you need to know to prepare this simple recipe.
This is a very simple recipe to make. You will only need to worry about choosing the right ingredients and following the steps just how we list them to enjoy a delicious and fresh ceviche. The ingredients that you will need to prepare the ceviche are:
- Red Onion (½)
- Avocado (1)
- Lime (1)
- Fresh Chilli Pepper or Sriracha Sauce (1)
- Cockles in Brine (1 Can)
- Fresh Cilantro
Steps to follow
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, you are ready to make some delicious ceviche! First, we will prepare the sauce and then, we will season the cockles. Take note!
Let’s begin with the sauce:
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Remove the cockles from the can. Place the cockles on a plate, and save the brine in a bowl.
- Peel the avocado and add it to the bowl with the brine.
- Cut a lime in half, and squeeze half of the juice into the bowl.
- Chop the cilantro and add to the bowl with some salt and pepper.
- Mix with a blender until you have a soft and consistent sauce.
- Let it rest while you prepare the cockles.
Next, we will season the cockles.
- Season the cockles with the remaining lime juice.
- Add the chopped cilantro.
- Chop and add the fresh chilli pepper or the sriracha sauce.
- Chop the onion in small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Shred the gingier and add to the plate.
- Mix all of the ingredients and let them rest.
Once everything is ready, add the avocado sauce on a plate and place the seasoned cockles on top.
The, add a splash of extra virgin olive oil and some shredded lime peel. Lastly, let the mixture rest in the fridge for one hour to serve chilled.
Tiger’s milk is the juice left after preparing Peruvian ceviche. The name comes from its white color, legend has it that it has aphrodisiac powers. If you want to make tiger’s milk instead of ceviche, you will only need some extra time.
In a blender, add all of the ingredients for the ceviche. In this case, cockles with their brine, chopped onion, fresh cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Then, add an ice cube to balance the acidity and make sure it is cool. Later, add some chili pepper to give a spicy touch and blend until mixed.
Afterwards, leave the mixture in the fridge for a couple of hours to let all of the different flavors mix together. Remember, the longer you let it rest, the more intense the tiger’s milk’s flavor will be and its color will also be whiter, more similar to those served in restaurants.
Lastly, serve chilled and accompany with some appetizers for a more complete culinary experience.
We hope this cockle ceviche recipe with avocado sauce and the tiger’s milk recipe are of your liking. Try preparing them with the Cockles in Brine from Real Conservera and surprise your friends and family with your cooking skills.
If you want to buy the cockles used for this recipe, you can do so in our online store. Visit it and discover all of our exquisite gourmet canned seafood from the Galician estuaries. Now available, only a click away!