Diabetes is a chronic condition that occurs when the body cannot make or use insulin properly. There are mainly two types of diabetes: type 1, which usually begins in childhood, adolescence, or early adulthood; and type 2, which usually begins in adulthood. While type 1 diabetes develops when the pancreas doesn’t produce any insulin, type 2 diabetes develops when the pancreas doesn’t produce enough insulin or the body can’t use it as it should.
Canned seafood for people with diabetes
Both fish and shellfish are high-protein and low-carbohydrate foods, so they can be an excellent option for anyone who needs to control their blood sugar levels. Additionally, these foods are a source of omega-3 fatty acids that can help prevent diabetes complications by reducing inflammation in the body.
Therefore, canned seafood is an effective way for people with diabetes to manage their diet by providing a healthy source of protein and fat without compromising taste or quality.
At Real Conservera Española we have a wide variety of the best gourmet canned seafood. Not only do we take special care in the elaboration, but we only choose the best pieces captured at the optimal moment. Among our entire catalog, we have 10 Galician preserves naturally and in olive oil whose amount of sugar is less than 0.5 grams per 100 grams of product. Read on to find out which ones.
10 canned seafood to include in a diet suitable for diabetes
- Our Sardines in Olive Oil, is such an excellent preserve that it has even obtained one of the greatest international gastronomic awards: the award for the Best Canned Sardine in the World, awarded by the 2021 World’s 101 Best Canned Products from the Sea Ranking.
- If there is a canned seafood that fully represents Real Conservera Española that is the preserve of Small sardines in olive oil, our flagship. Made with great care so that each piece is presented in a spectacular way in our lithographed tin. Its greatest characteristic is its fine and elegant flavor, which is evenly presented with its precious silver color bathed in a coating of olive oil, which reminds us of liquid gold.
- If what stands out about our small sardines above all else is their finesse, what sets the mackerel apart is its powerful flavour. Our Mackerel in Olive Oil is a wild fish from the Atlantic Ocean with an incredible flavor, which has earned it the position of best canned fish in the world in the 2021 World’s 101 Best Canned Products from the Sea Ranking.
- For all those who are looking for an intermediate point between mackerel and small sardines, at Real Conservera Española we haveGarfish in Olive Oil, a Galician preserve with a long tradition, especially in the south of Galicia. This blue fish is treated by hand by the hands of our expert artisan canners and is paired with our virgin olive oil.
- Scallops from the Galician Estuaries in Brine covered with a natural fumet based on onion, bay leaf, lemon, water and salt. A combination so good that you will end up tasting the coverage by spoonfuls!
- Cockles from the Galician Estuaries that we clean with the utmost care so that they do not contain grit. Their characteristic sea flavor and tender texture have made them one of our consumers’ favorite gourmet preserves.
- Clams from the Galician Estuaries in Brine. An authentic jewel of the sea that has not only been awarded among the TOP 10 of the best preserves in the world, being the first clam to achieve it, but now we also have the most premiumformat on the market: 8/12 pieces (Large) and 4 /8 pieces (Giants).
- Razor Clams from the Galician Estuaries in Brine. Our first preserve to be doubly awarded; on the one hand, by the 2021 World’s 101 Best Canned Products from the Sea Ranking as the best canned food in the world, and on the other, by the Galician Food Cluster as the excellent product of Galicia.
- Our preserve of Light Tuna in Olive Oil (Thunnus alalunga). Our light tuna loins and belly fillets are cooked in brine and made using olive oil as a coating to give it a unique and unrepeatable flavor.
- Albacore Belly Fillets in Olive Oil “Empaque Vasco”. Originally from the Atlantic Ocean, this gourmet preserve is packed in Basque packaging to make it creamier, it will remind you of butter!
Although we are sure of the nutritional information of our Galician canned seafood, each case is different. That is why before buying our gourmet preserves, we recommend consulting a nutritionist or diabetes specialist to confirm its possible incorporation into your diet.
If you need additional information to make that query, you can send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the technical sheet of the preserves you want to taste.